Morning Echoes of Detroit, The - Echoes Of The Gospel [LP]
Founded in 1951 by independent record store owner and radio show promoter Ernie Young, Nashville, TN's Nashboro Records recorded some of the most potent and forceful gospel music of the time period. Although initially begun in response to overwhelming demand for gospel locally, Nashboro quickly became nationally applauded for its curatorial prowess (under the guidance of Rev. Dr. Morgan Babb of the gospel group, The Radio Four) and signature production style. The lightly-reverbed, clear sound of a Nashboro record is unmistakable.
The Morning Echoes, led by Willie ''Slim'' Ayers, formed in the late '40s, released their first record in 1951 and moved to Detroit in 1952. They started regularly broadcasting over radio station WJLB and became a part of the Nashboro Records family several years later. Echoes Of The Gospel was originally released in 1967 and was the first Long Playing record from these Motor City favorites. The Morning Echoes remained active in and around Detroit throughout the 1960s, '70s and '80s. The project officially came to a close when leader Willie ''Slim'' Ayers passed on September 17, 2013.
This Third Man re-issue came into our world when TMR artist and friend Kelley Stoltz sent a well loved copy of Echoes Of The Gospel in gratitude for having him play the Third Man Pressing Grand Opening Party. His note read ''Thanks for the fantastic experience! This one is a spirit lifter, In The Garden Of Eden does it for me. XO Kelley''.
Third Man is now proud to cast a broader light on the beautiful Echoes of the Gospel and the Detroit-Nashville connection that it embodies. It is transferred with reverence directly from the original 1967 stereo mixes and remastered by Warren Defever.
* Remastered by Warren Defever (Iggy and the Stooges, The Gories)
* Transferred from the original 1967 stereo mixes
* Our second foray into the rich history of Nashville's gospel powerhouse label Nashboro Records
LP Packaging: Reverse Board Matte LP jacket, standard weight vinyl
A1 Jesus Showed Us The Way 2:11
A2 The Lord Will Make A Way 2:50
A3 In The Garden Of Eden 3:17
A4 Spare Me Over Another Year 1:55
A5 Fire One Day 2:36
A6 The Lord Will Provide 2:22
B1 I'll See You Home Again 2:43
B2 Misunderstanding Of A Friend 2:10
B3 Servants Prayer 2:26
B4 People Turning Away From God 2:34
B5 I've Got Jesus 2:39
B6 God's A Wonderful Lawyer 2:35
- Sale price
- List price
- You save
- $6.11 (30%)
Pickup available at AV Gallery
Usually ready in 24 hours
Our on-line store is open 24/7 and we ship Tuesday through Saturday, excluding some holidays. Orders received for products without shipping restrictions on its product page will ship the same business day when received before 1:00 p.m. PST. Custom ordered parts generally ship within 5 days. We will reach out if there is any reason to expect a longer delay.
Image may not match actual product
We try to be as accurate as possible, but we use a service to get images for the vinyl records we sell. Sometimes, this leads to the image showing a special colored vinyl edition of a record when we only have the standard black vinyl version. If you are looking for a specific color or product version, please contact us to verify before placing your order.
Our Reason for Being
Private Technology Group exists to unite technology with art to deliver solutions that enrich the lives of our clients while making the world a better place to live.
- Art is essential to a productive and happy life.
- Artists provide the creativity that sparks innovation and development.
- Technology that embraces artistic principles is better.
- Our world is a better place when art enhances technology for a complete solution.
Who we are:
- Dedicated professionals with an appreciation for fine art.
- Technology Specialists with an affinity for luxury products.
- Good listeners so we can match technology and art to budgets and deadlines.
- Innovators that look outside of the box when necessary
How we operate:
- We curate technology solutions that recognize and promote artistic harmony.
- We actively support and encourage artists.
- We educate and expose our clients to better technology solutions
- We curate the art we showcase based on two factors: Designer Appeal and Substance.
- We respect and highlight craftsmanship and talent.
What is AV Gallery:
- Our brand and presence focused on highlighting our collection of artwork and artists.
- Designer appeal means that we carry originals and prints that fit many budgets and design aesthetics.
- Substance means that a piece of artwork must elicit thoughts and feelings that can be beneficial to one's personal, social, or professional development.
- Host monthly exhibits to introduce and recognize artistic achievements by artist or topic.
What is Private Technology Group:
- Our brand and presence focused on the technology portion of our solutions.
- We select products based on interior design flexibility and performance.
- We maintain manufacturer training and knowledge to ensure all products are specified and configured for optimal performance.
More about us:
- We are based at 9420 Del Webb Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89134
- You can call us at 888-831-4844
- You can reach us by emailing email@example.com
- You can stop by and talk without an appointment from 10 am to 2 pm on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- We can accomodate most schedules with private tours and after-hours meetings.