Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong - Ella and Louis [LP]
The very fact that America's biggest jazz label called one of their albums quite simply Ella and Louis indicates that we are talking about something very
special here. And surely enough has been said- ''Satchmo'' and the grande dame of jazz certainly need no further introduction. In the '50s just the mere
mention of their forenames was enough to light up the eyes of jazz fans. A glance at the track list reveals that tranquility rules the day: wild stomps and
improvised scats will neither be sought nor missed. Of prime importance to the jazz ballad is a feeling of ''letting oneself drift'' in the inspiration which
gushes forth from the minds of genial American songwriters. This is no contest- for the artists all pursue a common goal with extreme sensitiveness. The
background combo, made up of first-class musicians and led by Oscar Peterson, performs with great concentration and almost obtrusive
unobtrusiveness. Verve's highly successful producer Norman Granz decided quite deliberately to make the recording in the studio instead of at a live
session. And success has verified his judgment, for such vocal jazz knows only gentle tones- but the result is all the more intensive for that.
Originally released in 1956.
Louis Armstrong, trumpet, vocals
Ella Fitzgerald, vocals
Louie Bellson, drums
Ray Brown, bass
Barrett Deems, drums
Herb Ellis, guitar
Ed Hall, clarinet
Dale Jones, bass
Billy Kyle , piano
Oscar Peterson, piano
Buddy Rich , drums
Trummy Young, trombone
1. Can't We Be Friends
2. Isn't This a Lovely Day
3. Moonlight in Vermont
4. They can't take that away from Me
5. Under a Blanket of Blue
7. A Foggy Day
8. Stars Fell on Alabama
9. Cheek to Cheek
1 O.The Nearness of You
- Sale price
- List price
- You save
- $3.11 (16%)
Pickup available at AV Gallery
Usually ready in 24 hours
Our on-line store is open 24/7 and we ship Tuesday through Saturday, excluding some holidays. Orders received for products without shipping restrictions on its product page will ship the same business day when received before 1:00 p.m. PST. Custom ordered parts generally ship within 5 days. We will reach out if there is any reason to expect a longer delay.
Image may not match actual product
We try to be as accurate as possible, but we use a service to get images for the vinyl records we sell. Sometimes, this leads to the image showing a special colored vinyl edition of a record when we only have the standard black vinyl version. If you are looking for a specific color or product version, please contact us to verify before placing your order.
Our Reason for Being
Private Technology Group exists to unite technology with art to deliver solutions that enrich the lives of our clients while making the world a better place to live.
- Art is essential to a productive and happy life.
- Artists provide the creativity that sparks innovation and development.
- Technology that embraces artistic principles is better.
- Our world is a better place when art enhances technology for a complete solution.
Who we are:
- Dedicated professionals with an appreciation for fine art.
- Technology Specialists with an affinity for luxury products.
- Good listeners so we can match technology and art to budgets and deadlines.
- Innovators that look outside of the box when necessary
How we operate:
- We curate technology solutions that recognize and promote artistic harmony.
- We actively support and encourage artists.
- We educate and expose our clients to better technology solutions
- We curate the art we showcase based on two factors: Designer Appeal and Substance.
- We respect and highlight craftsmanship and talent.
What is AV Gallery:
- Our brand and presence focused on highlighting our collection of artwork and artists.
- Designer appeal means that we carry originals and prints that fit many budgets and design aesthetics.
- Substance means that a piece of artwork must elicit thoughts and feelings that can be beneficial to one's personal, social, or professional development.
- Host monthly exhibits to introduce and recognize artistic achievements by artist or topic.
What is Private Technology Group:
- Our brand and presence focused on the technology portion of our solutions.
- We select products based on interior design flexibility and performance.
- We maintain manufacturer training and knowledge to ensure all products are specified and configured for optimal performance.
More about us:
- We are based at 9420 Del Webb Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89134
- You can call us at 888-831-4844
- You can reach us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can stop by and talk without an appointment from 10 am to 2 pm on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- We can accomodate most schedules with private tours and after-hours meetings.