Bob Dylan - Bringing It All Back Home [SACD]
Bring it all back home - in mono. Originally designed by the artist for mono listening, Bob Dylan's Bringing It All Back Home represents the moment that pop and rock music became their own art form, expressions finally treated with the same seriousness and respect as classical and jazz. Incalculably influential, the 1965 landmark established myriad benchmarks in songwriting, sound, artwork, and performance. It served the world notice that Dylan was no longer just the virtuoso visionary tuned into the wants of the folk community. It's a disarming broadcast that declares Dylan's surroundings and personality, and those of his audiences, whether they knew it or not, drastically changed.
Since Bringing It All Back Home features the most instrumentation Dylan implemented in arrangements at that stage of his career, the set is undoubtedly vivid in stereo - particularly the electric half. Yet the Minnesota native paid particular attention to the mono mix, which here presents Dylan with unparalleled directness. The record's second half sounds especially genuine, lifelike, and intimate in mono. It paints listeners an incredibly accurate portrait of the attention-getting mass of acoustic-based sound - and features no artificial panning or echo chamber of its stereo counterpart. Instead, you are immersed right into the music.
Indeed, the sonics on this Mobile Fidelity reissue are so realistic, balanced, and tonally accurate that acoustic guitars resonate with the woody decay they do as when you strum them on your lap. Equally vivid are the textures of the drum skins, amplified pitch of the electric guitars, and ambient hum of the interior space of Columbia's Studio B. Both the plugged-in and acoustic sides claim a discerning level of microdynamics, spaciousness, imaging, and warmth that will send even the most rabid Dylan fans into a tizzy.
More than 50 years after its release, Bringing It All Back Home continues to come on like a prophetic transmission from a savant who's privy to cerebral viewpoints, mental transferences, and ''thought dreams'' elusive to everyone but him. With the flipside of the album, Dylan strings together four of the most unflinching, forward-reaching, and boundary-breaking acoustic-based compositions ever played. In addressing liberating psychedelia, lost innocence, institutional naivete, and tarnished relationships, respectively, Dylan constructs a compositional quartet/suite that functions as metaphor for his waving goodbye to political folk music's imprisoning rules and bounding restrictiveness - and a rough guide to the transcendental poetry, shape-shifting vocal phrasing, and alternate tunings he now embraced.
Side One remains one of the boldest cohesive artistic statements ever made. Dylan, forever throwing down the gauntlet to detractors and narrow-minded fans, plugging in with a band and kicking it all off with the in-your-face hootenanny ''Subterranean Homesick Blues'' before romping, slashing, and rolling through ''Maggie's Farm,'' another fun albeit caustic indictment of homogenous thought and bohemian method. Dylan's attitude undergoes a self-awakening metamorphosis, his lyrical scope broadened, his hallucinogenic interests increased, his willingness to embrace paradoxes and shake them out with mind-convulsing aptitude in line with his progression towards bizarre imagery.
Ranked 31 on Rolling Stone's list of the 500 Greatest Albums of All Time, Bringing It All Back Home marks the moment when paradigms permanently shifted, preexisting standards fell, and fresh aural, poetic, and sonic dialects came to fore. Albums don't come more vetted. You deserve to experience the mono edition in the finest-possible quality, just as Dylan intended.
IMAGE MAY NOT MATCH ACTUAL PRODUCT SHIPPED!
Please call or message if you are looking for a specific item.
- Sale price
- List price
- You save
- $9.11 (27%)
Pickup available at AV Gallery
Usually ready in 24 hours
Our on-line store is open 24/7 and we ship Tuesday through Saturday, excluding some holidays. Orders received for products without shipping restrictions on its product page will ship the same business day when received before 1:00 p.m. PST. Custom ordered parts generally ship within 5 days. We will reach out if there is any reason to expect a longer delay.
Image may not match actual product
We try to be as accurate as possible, but we use a service to get images for the vinyl records we sell. Sometimes, this leads to the image showing a special colored vinyl edition of a record when we only have the standard black vinyl version. If you are looking for a specific color or product version, please contact us to verify before placing your order.
Our Reason for Being
Private Technology Group exists to unite technology with art to deliver solutions that enrich the lives of our clients while making the world a better place to live.
- Art is essential to a productive and happy life.
- Artists provide the creativity that sparks innovation and development.
- Technology that embraces artistic principles is better.
- Our world is a better place when art enhances technology for a complete solution.
Who we are:
- Dedicated professionals with an appreciation for fine art.
- Technology Specialists with an affinity for luxury products.
- Good listeners so we can match technology and art to budgets and deadlines.
- Innovators that look outside of the box when necessary
How we operate:
- We curate technology solutions that recognize and promote artistic harmony.
- We actively support and encourage artists.
- We educate and expose our clients to better technology solutions
- We curate the art we showcase based on two factors: Designer Appeal and Substance.
- We respect and highlight craftsmanship and talent.
What is AV Gallery:
- Our brand and presence focused on highlighting our collection of artwork and artists.
- Designer appeal means that we carry originals and prints that fit many budgets and design aesthetics.
- Substance means that a piece of artwork must elicit thoughts and feelings that can be beneficial to one's personal, social, or professional development.
- Host monthly exhibits to introduce and recognize artistic achievements by artist or topic.
What is Private Technology Group:
- Our brand and presence focused on the technology portion of our solutions.
- We select products based on interior design flexibility and performance.
- We maintain manufacturer training and knowledge to ensure all products are specified and configured for optimal performance.
More about us:
- We are based at 9420 Del Webb Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89134
- You can call us at 888-831-4844
- You can reach us by emailing email@example.com
- You can stop by and talk without an appointment from 10 am to 2 pm on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- We can accomodate most schedules with private tours and after-hours meetings.