Jimi Hendrix - Rainbow Bridge
Rainbow Bridge is being reissued on vinyl, reintroduced with original album art and track orders and remastered by Bernie Grundman from the original analog masters.
Rainbow Bridge was compiled and mixed by Eddie Kramer and Mitch Mitchell in 1971, with the help of Electric Lady Studios engineer John Jansen. Most of the tracks were recorded in 1969 and 1970, during the same sessions that spawned The Cry Of Love. Rainbow Bridge is often misconstrued as being an entirely live album, being that the film of the same name features excerpts of a live Jimi Hendrix performance in Maui. However, Hendrix had no role in the creation of the rambling, unfocused 1971 film which was directed by Chuck Wein. The film was not a Hendrix project in any way but instead an independent vision of his manager Michael Jeffery. After Hendrix's death in September 1970, Jeffery scrapped Hendrix's original vision of a double studio album titled First Rays Of The New Rising Sun and called for Kramer, Mitchell and Jansen to compile two posthumous albums—including one that would that would serve as a soundtrack for the Rainbow Bridge film.
Mitchell, Kramer and Jansen drew upon Hendrix's rich trove of studio recordings that the guitarist had been developing at Electric Lady Studios. Songs such as ''Dolly Dagger'' and ''Room Full Of Mirrors'' were bright examples of Hendrix's new creative direction. Other standouts on the album included a studio rendition of ''Star Spangled Banner'' as well as the majestic ''Hey Baby (New Rising Sun).'' The one live track on the album, an extraordinary rendition of Hendrix's original blues composition ''Hear My Train A Comin''' is taken from a performance at Berkeley Community Theatre in May of 1970, and not in the film at all. Buddy Miles and Noel Redding both appear on one track each, and the Ronettes provide backing vocals on ''Earth Blues.''
After Hendrix's death in September 1970, First Rays Of The New Rising Sun was scrapped and instead two posthumous albums were created from the sessions, including one that would serve as a soundtrack for the Rainbow Bridge film.
Remastered by Bernie Grundman from the original analog masters.
Rainbow Bridge tracklist
1. Dolly Dagger
2. Earth Blues
3. Pali Gap
4. Room Full of Mirrors
5. Star Spangled Banner (studio version)
1. Look Over Yonder
2. Hear My Train A Comin' (live)
3. Hey Baby (New Rising Sun)
- Sale price
- List price
- You save
- $7.11 (29%)
Pickup available at AV Gallery
Usually ready in 24 hours
Our on-line store is open 24/7 and we ship Tuesday through Saturday, excluding some holidays. Orders received for products without shipping restrictions on its product page will ship the same business day when received before 1:00 p.m. PST. Custom ordered parts generally ship within 5 days. We will reach out if there is any reason to expect a longer delay.
Image may not match actual product
We try to be as accurate as possible, but we use a service to get images for the vinyl records we sell. Sometimes, this leads to the image showing a special colored vinyl edition of a record when we only have the standard black vinyl version. If you are looking for a specific color or product version, please contact us to verify before placing your order.
Our Reason for Being
Private Technology Group exists to unite technology with art to deliver solutions that enrich the lives of our clients while making the world a better place to live.
- Art is essential to a productive and happy life.
- Artists provide the creativity that sparks innovation and development.
- Technology that embraces artistic principles is better.
- Our world is a better place when art enhances technology for a complete solution.
Who we are:
- Dedicated professionals with an appreciation for fine art.
- Technology Specialists with an affinity for luxury products.
- Good listeners so we can match technology and art to budgets and deadlines.
- Innovators that look outside of the box when necessary
How we operate:
- We curate technology solutions that recognize and promote artistic harmony.
- We actively support and encourage artists.
- We educate and expose our clients to better technology solutions
- We curate the art we showcase based on two factors: Designer Appeal and Substance.
- We respect and highlight craftsmanship and talent.
What is AV Gallery:
- Our brand and presence focused on highlighting our collection of artwork and artists.
- Designer appeal means that we carry originals and prints that fit many budgets and design aesthetics.
- Substance means that a piece of artwork must elicit thoughts and feelings that can be beneficial to one's personal, social, or professional development.
- Host monthly exhibits to introduce and recognize artistic achievements by artist or topic.
What is Private Technology Group:
- Our brand and presence focused on the technology portion of our solutions.
- We select products based on interior design flexibility and performance.
- We maintain manufacturer training and knowledge to ensure all products are specified and configured for optimal performance.
More about us:
- We are based at 9420 Del Webb Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89134
- You can call us at 888-831-4844
- You can reach us by emailing email@example.com
- You can stop by and talk without an appointment from 10 am to 2 pm on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- We can accomodate most schedules with private tours and after-hours meetings.