Doors, The - The Soft Parade
The Doors' fourth studio album, The Soft Parade, became the band's fourth straight Top Ten album when it was released 50 years ago. Despite featuring one of the group's biggest hits - ''Touch Me'' - it remains the most-polarizing record of The Doors' career thanks to the brass and string arrangements that embellish several tracks.
To commemorate the album's 50th year anniversary, The Soft Parade will be reimagined on a newly expanded 3CD/1L set. THE SOFT PARADE: 50TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE EDITION includes the original studio album - and the B-side ''Who Scared You'' - newly remastered by Bruce Botnick, The Doors' longtime engineer and mixer. The collection is a limited edition of 15,000 individually numbered copies and also includes the original album on 180-gram vinyl along with liner notes by noted rock journalist David Fricke.
The core of the new collection is comprised of more than a dozen unreleased songs. Among the highlights are stripped down ''Doors Only'' versions of five tracks where the horns and strings have been removed (''Tell All The People,'' ''Touch Me,'' ''Wishful Sinful,'' ''Runnin' Blue,'' and ''Who Scared You.'') The set also features three of those stripped-back versions with new guitar parts added by Robby Krieger (''Touch Me,'' ''Wishful Sinful,'' and ''Runnin' Blue).
The collection also uncovers three songs from studio rehearsals - with Ray Manzarek (a.k.a. Screamin' Ray Daniels) on vocals - that include an early version of ''Roadhouse Blues,'' a song that would be released the following year on Morrison Hotel. These three songs include newly recorded bass parts by Robert DeLeo of Stone Temple Pilots, who joined Krieger and John Densmore at a tribute concert for Manzarek in 2016, three years after the organist died of cancer.
A trio of studio outtakes collected on the set's final disc feature the much-bootlegged, hour-long jam, ''Rock Is Dead,'' which appears here in its entire, surviving form for the first time ever. The track finds The Doors riffing through the entire history of rock 'n' roll, from early delta blues through surf music, ending with the death of rock.
''Tell All The People''
''The Soft Parade''
''Who Scared You'' - B-side (BONUS TRACK)
''Tell All The People'' (Doors only mix)*
''Touch Me'' (Doors only mix w/new Robby Krieger guitar overdub)*
''Runnin' Blue'' (Doors only mix w/new Robby Krieger guitar overdub)*
''Wishful Sinful'' (Doors only mix w/new Robby Krieger guitar overdub)*
''Who Scared You'' (Doors only mix)*
''Roadhouse Blues'' - Screamin' Ray Daniels (a.k.a. Ray Manzarek) on vocal*
''(You Need Meat) Don't Go No Further'' - Screamin' Ray Daniels (a.k.a. Ray Manzarek) on vocal*
''I'm Your Doctor'' - Screamin' Ray Daniels (a.k.a. Ray Manzarek) on vocal*
''Touch Me'' (Doors only mix)*
''Runnin' Blue'' (Doors only mix) *
''Wishful Sinful'' (Doors only mix)*
''I Am Troubled''
''Seminary School'' (aka ''Petition The Lord With Prayer'') *
''Rock Is Dead'' - Complete Version *
* previously unreleased
- Sale price
- List price
- You save
- $15.11 (26%)
Pickup available at AV Gallery
Usually ready in 24 hours
Our on-line store is open 24/7 and we ship Tuesday through Saturday, excluding some holidays. Orders received for products without shipping restrictions on its product page will ship the same business day when received before 1:00 p.m. PST. Custom ordered parts generally ship within 5 days. We will reach out if there is any reason to expect a longer delay.
Image may not match actual product
We try to be as accurate as possible, but we use a service to get images for the vinyl records we sell. Sometimes, this leads to the image showing a special colored vinyl edition of a record when we only have the standard black vinyl version. If you are looking for a specific color or product version, please contact us to verify before placing your order.
Our Reason for Being
Private Technology Group exists to unite technology with art to deliver solutions that enrich the lives of our clients while making the world a better place to live.
- Art is essential to a productive and happy life.
- Artists provide the creativity that sparks innovation and development.
- Technology that embraces artistic principles is better.
- Our world is a better place when art enhances technology for a complete solution.
Who we are:
- Dedicated professionals with an appreciation for fine art.
- Technology Specialists with an affinity for luxury products.
- Good listeners so we can match technology and art to budgets and deadlines.
- Innovators that look outside of the box when necessary
How we operate:
- We curate technology solutions that recognize and promote artistic harmony.
- We actively support and encourage artists.
- We educate and expose our clients to better technology solutions
- We curate the art we showcase based on two factors: Designer Appeal and Substance.
- We respect and highlight craftsmanship and talent.
What is AV Gallery:
- Our brand and presence focused on highlighting our collection of artwork and artists.
- Designer appeal means that we carry originals and prints that fit many budgets and design aesthetics.
- Substance means that a piece of artwork must elicit thoughts and feelings that can be beneficial to one's personal, social, or professional development.
- Host monthly exhibits to introduce and recognize artistic achievements by artist or topic.
What is Private Technology Group:
- Our brand and presence focused on the technology portion of our solutions.
- We select products based on interior design flexibility and performance.
- We maintain manufacturer training and knowledge to ensure all products are specified and configured for optimal performance.
More about us:
- We are based at 9420 Del Webb Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89134
- You can call us at 888-831-4844
- You can reach us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can stop by and talk without an appointment from 10 am to 2 pm on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- We can accomodate most schedules with private tours and after-hours meetings.