Rolling Stones, The - Their Satanic Majesties Request [2LP+2SACD]
To commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Stones' 1967 psychedelic classic, comes this limited edition, remastered double-vinyl, double-CD deluxe package. The set contains both stereo and mono versions of the album, remastered at Abbey Road by Bob Ludwig, and presented on two 180-gram vinyl LPs and two Super Audio CDs (compatible with all players). The sleeve features a fully restored 3-D lenticular of Michael Cooper's iconic cover shot, with all discs coming housed in a bespoke fold-out limited edition numbered package with a 20-page book featuring a host of further photos from Michael Cooper and new liner notes by Rob Bowman.
Recorded at London's legendary Olympic studios during the heady days of the 'Summer of Love', in a landscape of fervent creativity - Pet Sounds, Sgt Pepper, Hendrix, the Velvet Underground and the Who - Satanic Majesties stands out as a dramatic landmark.
The band's first full venture into the world of 'psychedelia', it may have split critical opinion at the time but is long overdue for reassessment - an innovative and experimental piece, as much influenced by Coltrane, John Barry's spy thriller scores and classical composers as the blues and R'n'B of previous releases.
Produced by the band, engineered by Glyn Johns and with string arrangements by John Paul Jones it features some of their most imaginative soundscapes, which included African rhythms, mellotrons, 'found voices' and full orchestration.
Amongst the song highlights are the beautiful She's a Rainbow with its elegant harmonies, piano intro and strings, the powerful, riff-driven Citadel and the imposingly dark cosmic rocker 2000 Light Years From Home, with its sinister keyboard effects (courtesy of Brian).
It also features Bill Wyman's debut writing and singing credit on a Stones release - In Another Land.
The pioneering packaging - a 'lenticular' sleeve with a 3D-style Michael Cooper image of the band and the album's title (a mocking adaptation of the wording, 'Her Britannic Majesty Request and Requires ... ' on British passports), both confirmed the group's creative intent and also its satirical attitude.
Uncut magazine recently called it a ''a neglected psychedelic masterpiece''
High-end audiophile 50th anniversary edition with restored original lenticular cover and bespoke fold out packaging
*Stunning four disc deluxe package.
*Features both 180-gram LP and hybrid SACD versions of the mono and stereo albums
*Limited edition pressing and hand-numbered sleeves
*Both recordings newly remastered by Bob Ludwig at Gateway Mastering
*Lacquer cutting by Sean Magee at Abbey Road Studios
*20-page book with essay and photos from Michael Cooper's original cover photo session
1. Sing This All Together
3. In Another Land
4. 2000 Man
5. Sing This All Together (See What Happens)
1. She's A Rainbow
2. The Lantern
4. 2000 Light Years From Home
5. On With The Show
- Sale price
- List price
- You save
- $21.11 (24%)
Pickup available at AV Gallery
Usually ready in 24 hours
Our on-line store is open 24/7 and we ship Tuesday through Saturday, excluding some holidays. Orders received for products without shipping restrictions on its product page will ship the same business day when received before 1:00 p.m. PST. Custom ordered parts generally ship within 5 days. We will reach out if there is any reason to expect a longer delay.
Image may not match actual product
We try to be as accurate as possible, but we use a service to get images for the vinyl records we sell. Sometimes, this leads to the image showing a special colored vinyl edition of a record when we only have the standard black vinyl version. If you are looking for a specific color or product version, please contact us to verify before placing your order.
Our Reason for Being
Private Technology Group exists to unite technology with art to deliver solutions that enrich the lives of our clients while making the world a better place to live.
- Art is essential to a productive and happy life.
- Artists provide the creativity that sparks innovation and development.
- Technology that embraces artistic principles is better.
- Our world is a better place when art enhances technology for a complete solution.
Who we are:
- Dedicated professionals with an appreciation for fine art.
- Technology Specialists with an affinity for luxury products.
- Good listeners so we can match technology and art to budgets and deadlines.
- Innovators that look outside of the box when necessary
How we operate:
- We curate technology solutions that recognize and promote artistic harmony.
- We actively support and encourage artists.
- We educate and expose our clients to better technology solutions
- We curate the art we showcase based on two factors: Designer Appeal and Substance.
- We respect and highlight craftsmanship and talent.
What is AV Gallery:
- Our brand and presence focused on highlighting our collection of artwork and artists.
- Designer appeal means that we carry originals and prints that fit many budgets and design aesthetics.
- Substance means that a piece of artwork must elicit thoughts and feelings that can be beneficial to one's personal, social, or professional development.
- Host monthly exhibits to introduce and recognize artistic achievements by artist or topic.
What is Private Technology Group:
- Our brand and presence focused on the technology portion of our solutions.
- We select products based on interior design flexibility and performance.
- We maintain manufacturer training and knowledge to ensure all products are specified and configured for optimal performance.
More about us:
- We are based at 9420 Del Webb Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89134
- You can call us at 888-831-4844
- You can reach us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can stop by and talk without an appointment from 10 am to 2 pm on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- We can accomodate most schedules with private tours and after-hours meetings.