JEFF The Brotherhood - Upstairs At United, Vol.3 [EP]
On October 18th, 2011, JEFF The Brotherhood joined by William Tyler (Tompkins Square), Loney Hutchins (Cleft Records) and Joey Plunket in recording Volume 3 of the Upstairs at United series. Each song in this session was recorded in a single take direct to ¬ inch tape then cut at 45 RPM for the ultimate listening experience.
JEFF The Brotherhood, the sibling duo of Jake & Jamin Orrall show their prog rock side on this recording. While the recording consists of only three songs those songs totalled enough time that they rocked out until they literally ran out of tape (as can be heard at the end of ''In Space No One Can Hear You Scream, Part II').' While traditionally a two piece, JEFF The Brotherhood, was joined in this session by William Tyler on guitar, Loney Hutchins on keys and crazy space sounds, and Joey Plunket on bass. The recording features an 11 minute version of tour favorite ''I'm A Freak'', an 11 minute cover of Hawkwind's ''Master Of The Universe'' and the 8 minute improvisational jam ''In Space No One Can Hear You Scream''.
'' brain-melting'' -Warner Bros.
'' You have no idea what you're in for...'' -Warner Bros.
Format: 12'' Black Vinyl EP, 45RPM
Packaging: Kraft-style, die-cut, custom series jacket, stickered, in resealable polybag, color insert
LIMITED to 2000 copies worldwide for RECORD STORE DAY 2012
Hometown: Nashville, TN
RIYL: Fucked Up, Hawkwind, Pentagram, Sonic Youth, Jay Reatard
I'm A Freak (Wicked Lady)
In Space No One Can Hear You Scream, Part I
In Space No One Can Hear You Scream, Part II
Master Of The Universe (Hawkwind)
Upstairs At United, is an all-analog series of vinyl record releases recorded inside the historic United Record Pressing plant. Each recording is captured directly on analog tape then cut to 12'' EP's at 45 RPM. The records are presented in Kraft-style packaging that highlights the authentic all-analog approach used in making these records, which includes session-specific inserts with color photos from the recording sessions, and come in archival quality resealable poly bags.
The goal of the Upstairs At United series is to not only release beautiful music recorded in a classic all analog style, but also to celebrate the rich musical and cultural history that's taken place inside this 49 year old building. Established in 1949, United Record Pressing is the oldest vinyl record manufacturing facility in America. The doors to its present location first opened in 1962; in response to a then segregated South, United created an apartment above the plant to host the record label executives and artists who were excluded from hotel accommodations due to the color of their skin. This apartment, now called the ''Motown Suite,'' is still furnished in its original d‚cor. Adjacent to the apartment is a large space solely dedicated to hosting record release parties and other events for labels and artists. Among the many, it's believed that this room hosted parties for The Supremes, Smokey Robinson, The Cowsills, Wayne Newton, and a signing party for a 16-year-old Hank Williams, Jr. In addition to existing as a monument to our musical and cultural history, the space upstairs at United Record Pressing continues to host events for artists, labels, and other lovers of music. It is in this sacred space that the Upstairs At United series is being recorded.
The recordings were engineered by Chris Mara and his analog studio Welcome to 1979 located in Nashville, Tennessee. All recordings were done live directly to ¬ inch analog tape using a sixteen channel vintage recording console and vintage microphones and outboard gear, with no overdubs, edits or audio sweetening. What you hear is music in its most pure form: the recordings capture the end product of the artists together in a single room, complete with all of the enthusiasm, spirit and soul that is the foundation for this great art form.
IMAGE MAY NOT MATCH ACTUAL PRODUCT SHIPPED!
Please call or message if you are looking for a specific item.
- Sale price
- List price
- You save
- $2.11 (20%)
Pickup available at AV Gallery
Usually ready in 24 hours
Our on-line store is open 24/7 and we ship Tuesday through Saturday, excluding some holidays. Orders received for products without shipping restrictions on its product page will ship the same business day when received before 1:00 p.m. PST. Custom ordered parts generally ship within 5 days. We will reach out if there is any reason to expect a longer delay.
Image may not match actual product
We try to be as accurate as possible, but we use a service to get images for the vinyl records we sell. Sometimes, this leads to the image showing a special colored vinyl edition of a record when we only have the standard black vinyl version. If you are looking for a specific color or product version, please contact us to verify before placing your order.
Our Reason for Being
Private Technology Group exists to unite technology with art to deliver solutions that enrich the lives of our clients while making the world a better place to live.
- Art is essential to a productive and happy life.
- Artists provide the creativity that sparks innovation and development.
- Technology that embraces artistic principles is better.
- Our world is a better place when art enhances technology for a complete solution.
Who we are:
- Dedicated professionals with an appreciation for fine art.
- Technology Specialists with an affinity for luxury products.
- Good listeners so we can match technology and art to budgets and deadlines.
- Innovators that look outside of the box when necessary
How we operate:
- We curate technology solutions that recognize and promote artistic harmony.
- We actively support and encourage artists.
- We educate and expose our clients to better technology solutions
- We curate the art we showcase based on two factors: Designer Appeal and Substance.
- We respect and highlight craftsmanship and talent.
What is AV Gallery:
- Our brand and presence focused on highlighting our collection of artwork and artists.
- Designer appeal means that we carry originals and prints that fit many budgets and design aesthetics.
- Substance means that a piece of artwork must elicit thoughts and feelings that can be beneficial to one's personal, social, or professional development.
- Host monthly exhibits to introduce and recognize artistic achievements by artist or topic.
What is Private Technology Group:
- Our brand and presence focused on the technology portion of our solutions.
- We select products based on interior design flexibility and performance.
- We maintain manufacturer training and knowledge to ensure all products are specified and configured for optimal performance.
More about us:
- We are based at 9420 Del Webb Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89134
- You can call us at 888-831-4844
- You can reach us by emailing email@example.com
- You can stop by and talk without an appointment from 10 am to 2 pm on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- We can accomodate most schedules with private tours and after-hours meetings.