White Stripes, The - De Stijl [LP]
We’re proud to announce the long-overdue reissues of the first three LP’s by The White Stripes.
Out-of-print in North America since 2005, the utmost care was taken in presenting these records in the best way possible.
We started by mastering each LP from the original analog master tapes, the first time this process had been used for any of these titles. While extremely labor-intensive, this method ensured that the material was never converted into a digital signal. The result is an audio quality that stiffens the hairs on the back of your neck.
We pressed each record on 180-gram vinyl, again, the first time any of these three albums have been afforded this superior vinyl weight.
For artwork, we started from scratch and went back and tracked down all the source material, working from the original photographic prints to provide the crispest versions possible of these album covers.
From there, we printed the artwork on the deluxe old-style, tip-on sleeves from the wonderful folks at Stoughton Printing in California. This process involves printing the artwork on on sheet of paper (a slick) which is then folded over and hand-glued to a heavy board blank jacket. The difference in the final product of a tip-on sleeve as opposed to a regular, direct-to-board sleeve is akin to the difference between hardcover and paperback books.
All these factors together makes these versions of The White Stripes, De Stijl and White Blood Cells the DEFINITIVE editions of these albums. These are the versions The White Stripes want people to have for posterity.
The band's second album, recorded on 8-track analog tape in Jack's living room, was released in 2000 and today is a cult classic.
The White Stripes, songwriter Jack White (vocals, guitar, piano, and once bass) and Meg White (drums and occasional vocals) formed in 1997 in Detroit, Michigan. After releasing several singles and three albums within the Detroit independent music underground, The White Stripes rose to prominence in 2002, as part of the garage rock revival scene.
Their use of analog and low-fidelity equipment in the recording process partnered with a do-it-yourself approach created a raw simplicity of composition, arrangement, and performance that sets them apart from their contemporaries.
01 You're Pretty Good Looking [For A Girl]
02 Hello Operator
03 Little Bird
04 Apple Blossom
05 I'm Bound To Pack It Up
06 Death Letter
07 Sister, Do You Know My Name?
01 Truth Doesn't Make A Noise
02 A Boy's Best Friend
03 Let's Build A Home
04 Jumble, Jumble
05 Why Can't You Be Nicer To Me?
06 Your Southern Can Is Mine
- Sale price
- List price
- You save
- $3.49 (18%)
Pickup currently unavailable at AV Gallery
Our on-line store is open 24/7 and we ship Tuesday through Saturday, excluding some holidays. Orders received for products without shipping restrictions on its product page will ship the same business day when received before 1:00 p.m. PST. Custom ordered parts generally ship within 5 days. We will reach out if there is any reason to expect a longer delay.
Image may not match actual product
We try to be as accurate as possible, but we use a service to get images for the vinyl records we sell. Sometimes, this leads to the image showing a special colored vinyl edition of a record when we only have the standard black vinyl version. If you are looking for a specific color or product version, please contact us to verify before placing your order.
Our Reason for Being
Private Technology Group exists to unite technology with art to deliver solutions that enrich the lives of our clients while making the world a better place to live.
- Art is essential to a productive and happy life.
- Artists provide the creativity that sparks innovation and development.
- Technology that embraces artistic principles is better.
- Our world is a better place when art enhances technology for a complete solution.
Who we are:
- Dedicated professionals with an appreciation for fine art.
- Technology Specialists with an affinity for luxury products.
- Good listeners so we can match technology and art to budgets and deadlines.
- Innovators that look outside of the box when necessary
How we operate:
- We curate technology solutions that recognize and promote artistic harmony.
- We actively support and encourage artists.
- We educate and expose our clients to better technology solutions
- We curate the art we showcase based on two factors: Designer Appeal and Substance.
- We respect and highlight craftsmanship and talent.
What is AV Gallery:
- Our brand and presence focused on highlighting our collection of artwork and artists.
- Designer appeal means that we carry originals and prints that fit many budgets and design aesthetics.
- Substance means that a piece of artwork must elicit thoughts and feelings that can be beneficial to one's personal, social, or professional development.
- Host monthly exhibits to introduce and recognize artistic achievements by artist or topic.
What is Private Technology Group:
- Our brand and presence focused on the technology portion of our solutions.
- We select products based on interior design flexibility and performance.
- We maintain manufacturer training and knowledge to ensure all products are specified and configured for optimal performance.
More about us:
- We are based at 9420 Del Webb Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89134
- You can call us at 888-831-4844
- You can reach us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can stop by and talk without an appointment from 10 am to 2 pm on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- We can accomodate most schedules with private tours and after-hours meetings.