Game Theory - 2 Steps From The Middle Ages [LP]
Following up 1987's Lolita Nation (whose reissue appeared on numerous year-end ''best of '' lists for 2016) would be no easy task for Game Theory. But, Scott Miller and company were certainly up for the task. Re-teaming with producer Mitch Easter (R.E.M., Marshall Crenshaw, Velvet Crush), 2 Steps From The Middle Ages was released in 1988, and showed the band had no shortage of energy, experimentation, and excellent material.
This reissue contains the original 13 songs supplemented with a whopping 11 bonus tracks - demos, live performances and covers - all previously unissued. The translucent orange, fi rst pressing of the LP (on vinyl for the fi rst time since its initial release), contains a download card for the entire CD/Digital program.
Packaging includes rare and previously unseen photos from the band's photographer, Robert Toren, as well as essays from Easter, Ken Stringfellow (The Posies, Big Star), and Franklin Bruno (The Village Voice, Salon.com). The band's drummer, Gil Ray, who was involved in all aspects with the Game Theory reissue series including this title, sadly passed away earlier this year. This reissue is lovingly dedicated to him.
As the first track says, there's ''room for one more, honey.'' That 1 more is 2 Steps From The Middle Ages.
2 STEPS FROM THE MIDDLE AGES
1. ROOM FOR ONE MORE, HONEY
2. WHAT THE WHOLE WORLD WANTS
3. THE PICTURE OF AGREEABILITY
4. AMELIA, HAVE YOU LOST
5. ROLLING WITH THE MOODY GIRLS
7. IN A DELOREAN
8. YOU DRIVE
10. WISH I COULD STAND OR HAVE
11. DON'T ENTERTAIN ME TWICE
12. THROWING THE ELECTION
13. INITIATIONS WEEK
14. TOGETHER NOW, VERY MINOR (Live)
15. AMELIA, HAVE YOU LOST (Demo)
16. BAD MACHINERY (Radio Session)
17. ROOM FOR ONE MORE, HONEY (Demo)
18. THE WAIST AND THE KNEES (Live)
19. WISH I COULD STAND OR HAVE (Demo)
20. ROLLING WITH THE MOODY GIRLS (Demo)
21. AMERICA (Demo)
22. I TURNED HER AWAY (Radio Session)
23. WYOMING (Rough Mix)
24. SLEEPING THROUGH HEAVEN (Live)
IMAGE MAY NOT MATCH ACTUAL PRODUCT SHIPPED!
Please call or message if you are looking for a specific item.