Ennio Morricone - Themes: Lounge [2LP]
Lounge is the third in a series of five double vinyl releases that bring together some of Ennio
Morricone's greatest soundtrack music. Each collection centres on a different movie genre, together
they allow the listener to rediscover the unmatched genius of the greatest movie composer of all time.
The Maestro. This collection was announced before Ennio Morricone passed away on July 6, 2020.
We'll continue to release the series to honour this great composer.
The term Lounge Music is not one that Ennio Morricone would have heard at the time he was
composing these pieces for the movies that they enhanced, but it is one has been retrospectively
applied to a certain type of music, and it is a style that Morricone has contributed a great deal towards.
Lounge refers to a type of easy listening music that began to be popular in the 1950s and developed
right through the 1960s and into the 1970s. This was sophisticated music for an adult audience.
Lounge music combined its American influences with music that was popular outside the USA such
as Latin, Hawaiian, Polynesian, French , and many others. This was an era that was inspired by new
inventions. Lounge mimicked the space-age sound effects of the time and the advent of stereophonic
technology allowed spatial audio techniques to be used to full effect.
This collection is not about a specific genre of music for film, it is a celebration of Lounge style pieces
by Morricone that are capable of evoking in the listener thoughts of easy living, sophistication, romantic
moods, and the excitement of a 1950s cocktail lounge or a 1960s nightclub.
Starting 70 years ago as an arranger for the piece Mamma Bianca, Ennio Morricone is the emperor of
scores and soundtracks. Morricone has always been a huge influence for the likes of Hans Zimmer,
Danger Mouse, Muse, Metallica and many more musicians. He was one of the most successful
composers of all-time, selling over 70 million records and winning dozens of awards.
Lounge on black vinyl includes a 4-page insert with liner notes written by Claudio Fuiano. The gatefold
sleeve contains a velvet spot varnish on the outside and images of iconic movie posters on the inside.
* 180 GRAM AUDIOPHILE VINYL
* PVC PROTECTIVE SLEEVE
* GATEFOLD SLEEVE WITH VELVET SPOT VARNISH ON THE OUTSIDE AND IMAGES OF ICONIC MOVIE POSTERS ON THE INSIDE
* 4-PAGE INSERT
* A SELECTION OF DEFINING MORRICONE SONGS, FEATURED IN CLASSIC MOVIES AND SERIES ''VERUSCHKA'', ''SLALOM'', ''ALIBI'', ''VIOLENT CITY'', ''MACHINE GUN MCCAIN'', AND MANY MORE
* LINER NOTES BY CLAUDIO FUIANO
* PART OF THE MORRICONE THEMES COLLECTION
* THE SPINES OF THE FIVE TITLES FORM ONE IMAGE TOGETHER
* MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE SERIES ON WWW.
* BLACK VINYL
1. Allegretto For A Lady / Allegretto Per Signora - From ''Forbidden Photos Of A Lady Above Suspicion ''
/ ''Le Foto Proibite Di Una Signora Perbene''
2. Belinda May - From ''Alibi'' / ''L'alibi''
3. Dream Inside A Dream / In Un Sogno Il Sogno - From ''The Invisible Woman'' / ''La Donna Invisibile''
4. Poetry Of A Woman / Poesia Di Una Donna - From '' Veruschka''
5. Sestriere - From ''Slalom''
1. Fashion (N° 2) / La Moda (N° 2) - From ''The Invisible Woman'' / ''La Donna Invisibile''
2. Like When It Rains Outside / Come Quando Fuori Piove - From ''Machine Gun Mccain'' / ''Gli
3. A Bit Of An Acid Irony / Un Po Di Ironia Acida - From ''For Love One Dies'' / ''D'amore Si Muore''
4. Faith / U-Pa-Ni-Sha - From'' L'uomo E La Magia''
5. Listen, Let's Make Love / Scusi, Facciamo L'amore? (The Big One) - From ''Listen, Let's Make
Love'' / ''Scusi, Facciamo L'amore?''
1. Fashion (N° 3 ) / La Moda (N° 3) - From ''The Invisible Woman'' ''La Donna Invisibile''
2. The Alibi / L'alibi (Shake N°2) - From ''Alibi'' / ''L'alibi''
3. Slalom (Un Cafe Sulla Banchina) - From ''Slalom''
4. The Doll / La Bambola - From '' Veruschka''
5. To Lynda / A Lidia - From ''Listen, Let's Make Love'' / ''Scusi, Facciamo L'amore?''
1. The Alibi / L'alibi (Shake N° 3) - From ''L'alibi''
2. Slalom (Una Sera In Albergo) - From ''Slalom''
3. Steal To Your Next / Ruba Al Prossimo Tuo (Seq.9) - From ''A Fine Pair'' / ''Ruba Al Prossimo Tuo''
4. Definitive Turning Point / Svolta Drammatica - From ''Violent City'' / Citta' Violenta''
5. Little Cat Lady / La Donna Gattina (#2) - From ''How I Learned To Love Women'' / ''Come Imparai
Ad Amare Le Donne''
IMAGE MAY NOT MATCH ACTUAL PRODUCT SHIPPED!
Please call or message if you are looking for a specific item.