Giallo = Thriller/Crime Fiction genre
Giallo is the fourth in a series of five double vinyl releases that bring together some of Ennio
Morricone's greatest soundtrack music. Each collection centres on a different movie genre,
together they allow the listener to rediscover the unmatched genius of the greatest movie
composer of all time. The Maestro. This collection was announced before Ennio Morricone
passed away on July 6, 2020. We'll continue to release the series to honour this great composer.
When we think of 1960's Italian pulp cinema, the spaghetti western is the genre that comes
to mind. However, Italy was responsible for another classic cinematic exploitation movement
around the same time, one that is equally as compelling, but less widely recognised. Giallo...
Giallo, meaning 'yellow', is the Italian term for crime fiction, it was named after the bright yellow
colours of early pulp fiction paperbacks. Film audiences adopted it as the name for a peculiarly
Italian sub-genre of thriller cinema that had its heyday in the 1970's - just as the Spaghetti
Western movement was waning. The Giallo can be difficult to define, but essentially it is an
Italian crime film that draws from a pool of common themes: stylized murders, amateur sleuths,
sleazy glamour, psychological crimes, enigmatic titles and all these themes are underpinned by
creepily atmospheric Ennio Morricone music scores. Starting 70 years ago as an arranger for the
piece Mamma Bianca, Ennio Morricone is the emperor of scores and soundtracks. Morricone has
always been a huge influence for the likes of Hans Zimmer, Danger Mouse, Muse, Metallica and
many more musicians. He was one of the most successful composers of all-time, selling over 70
million records and winning dozens of awards.
Giallo is available as a limited edition of 3000 individually numbered copies on ''giallo and black
marbled'' (clear, yellow and black mixed) vinyl. The package includes a 4-page insert with liner
notes written by Claudio Fuiano. The gatefold sleeve contains a silver foil spot varnish on the
outside and images of iconic movie posters on the inside.
* 180 GRAM AUDIOPHILE VINYL
* PVC PROTECTIVE SLEEVE
* GATEFOLD SLEEVE WITH SILVER FOIL SPOT VARNISH ON THE OUTSIDE AND IMAGES OF ICONIC MOVIE POSTERS ON THE INSIDE
* 4-PAGE INSERT
* A SELECTION OF DEFINING MORRICONE SONGS, FEATURED IN CLASSIC ''GIALLO'' MOVIES; ''FORBIDDEN PHOTOS OF A LADY ABOVE SUSPICION'', ''SHORT NIGHT OF GLASS DOLLS'', ''THE CAT O' NINE TAILS'' AND MANY MORE
* LINER NOTES BY CLAUDIO FUIANO
* PART FOUR OF THE MORRICONE THEMES COLLECTION
* THE SPINES OF THE FIVE TITLES FORM ONE IMAGE TOGETHER
* MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE SERIES ON WWW.MORRICONEONVINYL.COM
* LIMITED EDITION OF 3000 INDIVIDUALLY NUMBERED COPIES ON ''GIALLO AND BLACK MARBLED'' (CLEAR, YELLOW AND BLACK MIXED) COLOURED VINYL
1. Infinite Stress / Stress Infinito From ''Spasmo'' 2. First Nebulosa / Nebulosa Prima From
''The Secret'' / ''Il Segreto'' 3. 1970 From ''The Cat O' Nine Tails'' / ''Il Gatto A Nove Code
1. Raccapriccio From ''What Have You Done To Solange?'' / ''Cosa Avete Fatto A Solange?'' 2. Seguita From ''Cold Eyes Of Fear'' / ''Gli Occhi Freddi Della Paura''
3. Lemon Ostination / Ostinazione Al Limone From ''What Have You Done To Solange?''
/ ''Cosa Avete Fatto A Solange?'' 4. Glass Dolls / Bambole Di Vetro From ''Short Night Of Glass Dolls'' / ''La Corta Notte Delle Bambole Di Vetro'' 5. Sospensione Folle From ''Without A Motive'' / ''Senza Movente''
1. The Snake / Il Serpente From ''Night Flight From Moscow (The Serpent)'' / ''Il Serpente'' 2. Infinite Stress / Stress Infinito (#4) From ''Spasmo'' 3. Solange's End / Fine Di Solange From ''What Have You Done To Solange?'' / ''Cosa Avete Fatto A Solange?''
4. Evanescences / Evanescente From ''Cold Eyes Of Fear'' / ''Gli Occhi Freddi Della Paura'' 5. M33 / Emmetrentatre From ''Short Night Of Glass Dolls'' / ''La Corta Notte Delle Bambole Di Vetro''
1. Night Walk / Passeggiata Notturna From ''The Cat O' Nine Tails'' / ''Il Gatto A Nove
Code'' 2. In The Middle Of The Chest / In Pieno Petto From ''Without A Motive'' /
''Senza Movente'' 3. In The Void / Nel Vuoto From ''Forbidden Photos Of A Lady Above
Suspicion'' / ''Le Foto Proibite Di Una Signora Perbene''
IMAGE MAY NOT MATCH ACTUAL PRODUCT SHIPPED!
Please call or message if you are looking for a specific item.
Our on-line store is open 24/7 and we ship Tuesday through Saturday, excluding some holidays. Orders received for products without shipping restrictions on its product page will ship the same business day when received before 1:00 p.m. PST. Custom ordered parts generally ship within 5 days. We will reach out if there is any reason to expect a longer delay.
We try to be as accurate as possible, but we use a service to get images for the vinyl records we sell. Sometimes, this leads to the image showing a special colored vinyl edition of a record when we only have the standard black vinyl version. If you are looking for a specific color or product version, please contact us to verify before placing your order.