* Record Store Day Europe / UK 2019 Exclusive Release!
* Transferred from 2 x 1/4'''' analog reels at 192kHz/24-bit.
* Half-speed cut at Abbey Road Studios.
* One of the most sampled breaks in hip hop history - including KRS-One, Kanye West, Jay-Z, Cyprus Hill, Tribe Called Quest and Eminem to name a few.
* 180gm vinyl
- Seminal funk-rock album originally released on Rare Earth in 1970. Featuring the monster breakbeat on 'The Sorcerer Of Isis'.
Formed in Detroit in 1968, Power of Zeus became the first rock band to be signed by Motown subsidiary label, Rare Earth. The group drew inspiration from British hard rock and heavy metal giants like Cream, Black Sabbath, and Led Zeppelin when they created this well-produced, seminal post-hard rock album. After 'The Gospel According to Zeus', the group never made another album and the band slipped into obscurity, until it was discovered by the hip hop diggers. The drum beat from ''Sorcerer of Isis'' has been one of the most sampled in hip-hop music, including KRS-One, Kanye West, Jay-Z, Cyprus Hill, Tribe Called Quest and Eminem to name a few. - It Couldn't Be Me
In The Night
Green Grass & Clover
I Lost My Love
The Death Trip
Hard Working Man
The Sorcerer Of Isis
(The Ritual Of The Mole)
IMAGE MAY NOT MATCH ACTUAL PRODUCT SHIPPED!
Please call or message if you are looking for a specific item.
Our on-line store is open 24/7 and we ship Tuesday through Saturday, excluding some holidays. Orders received for products without shipping restrictions on its product page will ship the same business day when received before 1:00 p.m. PST. Custom ordered parts generally ship within 5 days. We will reach out if there is any reason to expect a longer delay.
We try to be as accurate as possible, but we use a service to get images for the vinyl records we sell. Sometimes, this leads to the image showing a special colored vinyl edition of a record when we only have the standard black vinyl version. If you are looking for a specific color or product version, please contact us to verify before placing your order.